Do you have a specific habit/behaviour that you are wanting to increase or decrease?
Do you find it difficult to alter unhealthy habits increase healthy habits on your own?
As a coach who is also a Behaviour Analyst (BCBA), I aim to use my expertise to help individuals to increase, improve and modify health related behaviours and to decrease unhealthy behaviours, in order to reinforce a healthier way of living.
Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) is the application of the science of human behaviour – why we behave the way we do.
By understanding the science behind why behaviour occurs, this allows us to understand how we can change it for the better – this is the job of a behaviour analyst.
For some, healthy changes to behaviour can be made with simple life style modifications, but for others, habits are a lot harder to break, which could be causing damage to overall health (e.g. obesity, smoking, alcohol consumption, increased sugar intake).
An example of the health-related behaviour I work on modifying with clients include:
- Desensitisation to new foods (e.g. fruit and vegetables)
- Increasing the consumption of healthy food choices (e.g. fruit and vegetables, protein.
- Quitting smoking
- Reducing consumption of alcohol/fizzy drinks/coffee
- Reducing consumption of higher calorie foods (in replacement for lower calorie foods)
- Increasing daily physical activity (steps, exercise, sports)
- Reducing snacking or mindless eating (habit reversal)
- Increasing adherence to medical regimes (e.g. increasing BG checking)
(The maintenance of these behaviours is also taken into account)
If this service is something you are interested in, please get in touch using the contact form.